Treasure in Transition

It's been a moment since I last wrote to all of you about my thoughts.  Mainly because I have recently transitioned my body and my businesses to Florida.  I'M GETTING MARRIED!!! And though that is exciting in itself, there are many things that have happened in light of that exciting news.  I moved.  We moved.  My son and myself uprooted ourselves from everyone and everything we know and moved to a state where no one knows us and we know no one.  To a state where we had to begin again.  To a state where we had to find jobs, and doctors, and possibly new friends.  The transition has not been easy.  In fact it was met with some great difficulty and discouragement.  Financially we had to depend on one income, my fiance's and bills were no less and expenses were more.  I had my own money but paying my bills, it ran out. There were times in my head I thought this may not be the state for me regardless of my fiance and how much I love him. But something changed.

My son said something to me that changed my normal way of thinking.  That changed this "runaway bride's" mind.  He said that everything was new...new home...new state...new city...that because it was new, it had to be broken in.  Now get that in your spirit.  When you get new shoes, don't you have to break them in so that they are comfortable?  When you get a new home, don't you have to get to know your neighbors, the way the community works, unpack and decorate those barren walls and empty rooms?  When you get new clothing, don't you wash it first and then hang it up to be worn soon?  Just like we break in those things, moving to a new place, new state, new relationship, new church, new home have to have that time of being broken in as well.

My son does not realize how prophetic he was in saying to me those words.  But I took those words and starting letting them resonate in my mind.  When you change your mind..your will and your emotions will follow.  Get this.  He told me that if I left, he was not leaving.  This was a fresh start for him and he as going to take advantage of it. When I was about to say "no this is not the state for me", I was about to go back to what was familiar and in some ways failing.  God had commissioned me to be here.  He had commissioned me to be in a place that was uncomfortable and unfamiliar.  He had commissioned me to be uncertain of the things and people around me so that I would TRULY DEPEND AND TURN MY FOCUS TO HIM.  Get it?  In all that we do, we must totally depend and trust Him.

In doing so, we allow Him to work on the things and the people around us.  This transition was beginning to be sad to me in some ways because I did not have the friends and the family around to "protect" me...but friends that is exactly what I did not need.  When I moved to Missouri some of the same feelings had happened but I left because of it.  Now I truly believe that I was to leave but God had me there too, to focus on Him and not them.  I thank Him now that I allowed this process to take place.  Now in this transition I have finally found a job I am happy with after trying so many times.  Now in this transition my son, who was in a very dark place living in NC is in a good place and getting his education and a brand new start.  Now in this transition I am growing closer to the man I love and that probably would not have happened had we have stayed in NC.  His friends had things to say about our relationship and my friends had things to say as well.  Would we still be together? 

I praise God for we only have each other here.  The three of us in this transition have found treasure.  We are closer, we have built some strong bonds, we love and respect each other  individually and as a family.  We look out for each other and because we are able to build such a foundation of trust and respect, no one and nothing will come between us.  Life happens to all of us but at some point, we must all find that treasure in that transition.  No it won't be easy.  Yes you will want to give in and give up but...allow God to show you Himself in that transition.  Allow Him to guide your thoughts and to lead you where He would want you to go.  Take hold of what is before you and treasure all that you see and have.  The treasure is in the transition.  We treasure each other, and I am glad I listened to those wise yet young words my son spoke. Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Do?

Giving Thanks for Being Thankful...

A Time to Turn