My Frustration....

Many Americans deal with frustration from time to time and I am sure they have found ways to alleviate these feelings but for some of us, fruatration does not end.  It just gets packed away until the next time that something happens that makes frustration rear it's ugly head.  What do you do when this happens?  Do you keep it all in?  Do you pretend that it does not exist?

If you are like me, there are few people with whom you can talk to who will listen to the root of the frustration and then offer some advice.  I have friends who will just listen and ask me, "so what is that telling you?", making me face up to the decision that is inevitable.  No one wants to be frustrated, I know I don't but yet, here I am, totally and completely frustrated.

Now you ask, what is the cause of your frustration Rhabi?  Well, several things. I am a director/playwright/producer.  I am an Accountant and just opened my own accounting business.  I manage payroll at my day job.  I am a mother and grandmother.  I am an Author and at church I wear many, many hats, Treasurer, Finance Chair, Budget Chair, Drama Ministry Director... which means I am in charge of several ministries/committees.  Now that alone will cause many of you frustration, just to know that you have that much to do, and that many people to deal with.

I must say for the most part, I handle all of this well and many of those who know me personally have no idea of the struggles and obstacles I face at times, they only say, "how do you do it?"  What works for Rhabi is that I don't take the time to think about it, I just do it.  This helps me not to focus on the people rather the tasks and since I am very motivated and detemined to get jobs done, that in itself causes me little to no frustration.  But then there are people.

Need I say more.  You do all you can to make them happy.  You give them every available chance to prove themselves.  You allow them the freedom to use their gifts and to be as creative as they can be. You give them the floor so that they may use their voice....You give them opportunities to take charge...you give and you give and you give and yet...what do you get in return?  Heartache.  Heartbreak.  Non-participation.  Failuer to appear at meetings.  Or you will hear the "I'm too busy", or the "I forgot" or the famous, "I thought that was taken care of."  Doesn't this make YOU want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well friends.  I have found many ways to help with my frustration.  One of those ways is to pray to a mighty and loving God who hears me and who cares about me.  He cares about how I feel and what I feel and to talk with Him makes it all better.  Now I have a friend or two who I can bounce my frustrating moments off of and that too helps.  The tragedy in all of this is that when you are so frustrated negative thoughts start to enter your head, it is then time to get on the phone, or just on your knees and get those thoughts out of your head and into the hands of the one who can handle all of it without a blink of an eye.  If you don't, negative results may cause broken relationships and in some cases, cause you to go out and do horrible things.

If you are too frustrated to pray, which does happen from time to time, get on the phone with that friend who keeps all you say confidential and won't use these moments of weakness against you. Talk it all out!  Be honest in what you say and be honest in how you feel and that will help you get on the road to less frustration.  Your future will thank you. The people who depend on you will too.  It helps me at times to just say it out loud.  I hope that by reading this, you will find that when you do these things, it will help you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Do?

Giving Thanks for Being Thankful...

A Time to Turn