Time to Be Still...

For those of us on the east coast we are experiencing snow, sleet, freezing rain, a true winter storm and for some of us, it's depressing.  It's depessing because you are inside.  It's depressing because you for the most part are immobile. It's depressing because it's cold and damp and slick. It's depressing because you are away from some family and friends. It's depressing because you are bored and you cannot get out to spend money and go places.

Well I want to encourage you today. Instead of looking at the obvious, look beyond that and use this peaceful and quiet time for something productive.  You see, these moments can be moments where you are most creative.  Where your talent is tuned up because you are tuned in.  Where your brand can expand because you have the time to work it.  Time inside does not have to be the end of you; rather it can be the extension of you.

Everything good does not have to be outside, inside can be just as good, if not even better.  As a writer, I love times like this because it causes me to check on my projects; time to write something new; time to edit and to produce. My most creative time is when I can be still and focus.  When I am not rushed and pushed to meet deadlines.  When I am not pressured to find time to write and to work on my brand.  Times when I can be still.

When it comes to the things of God, in His word it says to be still and know that I am God.  How else could you know when you are too busy with schedules and the kids and work and projects and rehearsals and the list goes on and on...you must take advantage of these times to just listen, to study, to read and to pray.  This is when you can strengthen not only your craft, but yourself.

We all need tuning up and why not take these snow days to do so.  Time should never be wasted but rather used for the good of what it can produce.  A new novel perhaps or even a new web series. A new schedule so that you are not rushed so much and maybe a new menu that is easier to manage on those busy days at work.

Be still to think. Be still to meditate. Be still to create. Be still to focus. Be still to study.  Be still to feel, to love and to listen.  Just be still because times like these, if you are anything like me, are far and few between and should be cherished each and every time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Do?

Giving Thanks for Being Thankful...

A Time to Turn