This Joy!

Wow is all I can say at the moment.  It's not because something has happened or someone has said anything or something was done...it is because of my inner joy.  This joy, that makes me want to get up every morning and praise my God.  This joy, that keeps my mind steady when everything else around me is unsettled.  This joy, that puts a song in my heart and a spring in my step when there is no reason to sing or dance.  This joy, that keeps me calm in the midst of my storm.  This joy, that makes me stand still and know that He is God.

This joy, that when I am confronted with mess and ridicule, I can smile and say to myself, "everything is going to be alright."  This joy that soothes me when there is so much to be irritated and frustrated about.  This joy that makes me pray each and every morning to a wonderful and patient and loving God.  This joy, that helps me smile when I should be sad and witness to the goodness and greatness of Jesus.  This joy, that gives me strength to go a little further no matter what obstacles are in front of me.  This joy, that keeps me writing and singing and praising and walking in the path outlined for me.

This joy that gives me peace in a world so full of rage and misfortune.  This joy that says go left when the worlds says go right.  This joy that keeps me on my knees when others are talking and saying all manner of evil against me.  This joy that confirms my ways when others are trying to direct my steps.  This joy, that makes me stand up and say, "I am a child of the most high God and nothing and no one can take me from Him."  This joy that tells me what my future is when others remind me of what my past was.  This joy that I have...the world didn't give it to me...and the world cannot take it away!

Stay encouraged friends...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Do?

Giving Thanks for Being Thankful...

A Time to Turn