My Part...

My part is to educate my son on police brutality but to make him aware not all officers are evil.  My part is to help him recognize when he is in the right and when he is in the wrong.  My part is to tell him that I am on his side and will fight for him when necessary.  My part is to open his eyes to positive influences around him and to warn him against those that are negative.  My part is to be his parent.

My part is to know the difference between when my son is crying out for attention or just wanting a reaction.  My part is to know what is inside of his heart by hearing what is coming out of his head.  My part is to pray daily for my son when I know the world is preying against him.  My part is to be his parent.

My part is to exemplify dignity and grace in front of him so that he knows the difference between a lady and a tramp.  My part is to speak positive words to him and about him so that it penatrates his soul when others try to penatrate his side.  My part is to carry myself with respect so that he knows direspect when he sees it.  My part is to be his parent.

My part is to give him all of the facts about life and living and trust that he will make the right decision.  My part is to support his positive ideas and to encourage even more.  My part is to offer him a sounding board when life gets tough and friends get scarce.  My part is to be his parent.

My part is to love him unconditionally but to let him know that when he makes the wrong decisions, he must suffer those consequences.  My part is not to hide evil, but to make him aware that it exists.  My part is to be a formidable force when it comes to those who may harm him.  My part is to be his parent.

My part is to bring up my child in the way he should go so that when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Once I've done my part, all I can do is sit back and watch him...do his.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Do?

Giving Thanks for Being Thankful...

A Time to Turn